Saturday, October 2, 2010

#3

I don't mean to make this all about love and loss, there are so many other factors in life that really its sad to make that our only focus. I feel that love and relationships are only a part of one big huge mess we call life. There are so many other facets so many other things that take up more of our time that to focus only on this seems silly and mundane, and truthfully very short sighted.

Here's a little nugget about me I am a teacher, a preschool teacher to be exact. I have been teaching for what seems forever now but in reality is about four years. I have loved every second of those four years, teaching is something that is born in me like something that just happens like breathing, sleeping, and eating. There never has been and I'm sure never will be anything I love more than teaching. To me its exhilarating to watch a child who at the beginning of the year didn't know his alphabet, didn't know his numbers, couldn't write on his own, discover and learn these things in such a short amount of time.

At such a young age children grasp such major concepts and skills, to think about the things children have to learn its amazing to think how their brains can function at such a high level for one as young as they are.

Now having said all that there are days when it takes everything in me to get through the day. Just like any job sometimes my brain and body just want to tell me " No, don't get up, just roll over and sleep its not worth the effort". Kids are a challenge they take full concentration and there is no down time, no time when you can just sit back and space out for a minute. They take every minute of your time every cell of your concentration.

But I love it and I wouldn't trade it for a thing, this is probably the biggest facet of my life and one I spend the most time on so why shouldn't I love it!

No comments: