Wednesday, March 2, 2011

#5

Sometimes I wish life came with a manual something we could follow that contained the answers we needed to succeed at life. Half the time I feel like I'm lost and the other half I feel...well...lost.
I never know what it is I'd really doing I just kinda fudge my way through and one way or the other get through each day.
Its a constant toss up of whether I'm actually doing it right, or I'm just so good at faking it that it looks right. Life is a constantly full of choices, left or right, up or down, here or there, him or her, that or this.
But let me pose this question to you, is there really a right way to live or is living just one of those things that is different for each person?
Sometimes I think we set the standard for what our life should be like based on what we see other people doing. But is life a one size fits all or are there different ways for each to fit their own personal version of life? Should our sucess really be measured by those we see around us or should we measure our own success based on the goals we set for ourselves?
I feel in striving to meet the standards society sets for us, we lose out on so much of living. Are we too concerned with what others say that we need to do, with what others say we need to be, of where others say we need to go?
I say happiness can only be measured by ourselves and how we feel. Really when it comes down to it at the end of the day, when we are lying in our bed with another day behind us, no one matters but ourselves and how we feel!
So who cares what others say we should be or what others say we should do, do what you want, live your life, and at the end of the day be proud of who you are!

No comments: